- 1. How can I get the best results with dotEPUB?
- When available, use the print version of the webpage.
- 2. How can I convert a multiple-page article into an e-book?
- When available, use the print (or single page) version of the article.
- 3. Why doesn’t dotEPUB include the webpage images in the e-book?
- You must uncheck the Immersive mode setting to retrieve images (watch a tutorial in the Videos section). Some images may not be included if they are placed at the side, at the beginning or at the end of the webpage because dotEPUB will not consider them part of the main content of the webpage. dotEPUB will not retrieve images if more than ten are found in the main content. dotEPUB supports images in JPEG, PNG and GIF formats. Images in unsupported formats will not be included in the e-book. If the webserver forbids the retrieval of some images, those images will not be included either.
- 4. How can I create e-books for Amazon Kindle?
- Select the MOBI format if you want to read dotEPUB’s e-books on a Kindle.
- 5. Can I use dotEPUB on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
- Yes, you can use dotEPUB on any device with a browser that supports bookmarklets, like Safari. Visit dotepub.com with your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch to get installation instructions. Or install iCab Mobile, a browser for the iPad, the iPhone or the iPod Touch that comes with dotEPUB pre-installed.
- 6. Can I use dotEPUB on other mobile devices?
- Yes, dotEPUB is device-agnostic: you can use it on any device with a browser that supports bookmarklets. You may have to manually install the bookmarklet. Unfortunately, most Android browsers don’t allow bookmarklets directly. But you can use the free MyBookmarks app to install the bookmarklets from your desktop computer in your Android device.
- 7. Can I use dotEPUB to convert documents instead of webpages?
- Yes, you can use dotEPUB to make e-books from documents in the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), OpenDocument (.odt), StarOffice (.sxw), rich text (.rtf), unformatted text (.txt) or PDFs. Upload the document to your Google Docs account. PDF documents must be converted to the Google Docs format. Use dotEPUB in the Google document editor. If you have documents that haven’t been updated to the new Google Docs visualization format, select View in the menu and then Webpage preview (if this option is not available, the document has already been updated to the new format): the browser will open a preview screen where you can use dotEPUB to convert the document. Warning: dotEPUB’s support of the new Google document editor is still experimental.
- 8. Can I use dotEPUB on secure pages (https)?
- Yes. If you cannot convert secure pages, you have an old version of dotEPUB: please, re-install dotEPUB to update it.
- 9. I have a website: how can I offer the dotEPUB features to my readers?
- If you use the WordPress platform, install our WordPress plugin. If your website is in a different platform, embed our widget. If you are a developer, you can use our API.
This software is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.